Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Moist Banana Bread


I love banana bread. Whenever I chance to have over ripe bananas then, we all know to expect some banana bread in the kitchen by lunch time. So, since I love it so much, you can imagine that I've tried many recipes. This one however was a winner, which I found on allrecipes. It was an old 4-H recipe and me being an old 4-H member jumped on it. I did however make some of my own changes and adjust it to the preference of my family. But beware, this one tends to be a bit sweet because of the raisins, you can omit them or reduce sugar if you like. So here we go.

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 egg
2 to 3 over ripe mashed bananas (or enough for 1 cup)
1/2 cup raisins/ nuts (optional)
5 tbsp milk

Directions:
  • In a small bowl, sift all dry ingredients together. (Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg)
  • In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
  • Add lightly beaten egg and mashed bananas to creamed mixture.
  • Slowly add sifted ingredients until combined
  • Stir in milk and raisins
  • Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
  • Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) for about 50 minutes or until top is brown and cracking.
  • Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil for about 15 minutes (a moisture-sealing trick I learned)
Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment